Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Food Adventures for Everyone!


We had to be brave and adventurous while in China.  (Not as much in Bangladesh because I prepare Bengali food on a regular basis at home, although we did have one tea where the family had to force down some interesting “sweets”- rash goula balls.  I didn’t get any pictures of that, though.)  I was really proud of my family for giving it their all…they even did better than I did!
Simply shrimp…with eyes and shells on.  (SO thankful for pre-prepared foods at Safeway.)
Chicken Head & Beak
Chicken Foot
Ice cream sundae served on top of Sprite.  Interesting (and not liked very much by all).
Looks like I don’t like it but it was actually delicious.  It is called jiaozi and is a vegetable filling rolled into a thin piece of dough, crimped closed, and then boiled like a dumpling.  Similar to a pot sticker and delicious!
Can’t remember what this was but probably squid or calamari.  
Silliness.   But they were brave enough to try anything once.

No comments:

Post a Comment