Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Little Town Called Cox's Bazar


One of the favorite places to go when I was a kid was Cox’s Bazar.  It was a quiet little town on the coast in Bangladesh and was only about an hour away from where we lived in Malumghat.  We loved to go there to “get away” for some rest.
We made it to Cox’s but it isn’t the same little town it used to be.  It has grown from four or five little shops along the beach to thousands of shops, dozens of hotels lining the beach, and the geographical area of Cox’s has expanded to where millions of people now call it home.  It was one of the biggest changes I observed in Bangladesh and I have to say it was my least favorite change.  I missed seeing that peaceful, quiet town.  Thankfully, though, we were able to find a quiet spot way down the beach and enjoy a couple of hours of wading and searching for seashells.

No comments:

Post a Comment