Thursday, March 22, 2012

Heat Wave

We are in Dhaka (the capitol) now after the hottest ride of our lives.  We boarded the plane in Cox’s on a very hot day and hoped for an air-conditioned flight.  I had kind of anticipated that it might run hot in the plane and since it was a prop plane I gave my kiddos some Dramamine just in case.  Heat combined with nausea is never a good combination.  Well, the word “HOT” would be an understatement.  We pulled pant legs up, discarded our ornas (scarves), poured bottled water down our backs, etc. to try to cool off.  I was on the side of the plane by the sun and this airline did not have window shades so it was baking me.  I stuck my book up in the window and when I pulled it off for a second it was hot enough to burn!  By the time we landed in Dhaka we were all drenched in sweat to the point of soaking clothes, hundreds of beads of perspiration covering us (and in many cases running in streams down our arms and faces).  When the Bengali passengers are nearly passing out from the heat, you know it was hot.  We are so thankful we decided to give the kids the anti-nausea medicine before boarding but wished we had taken some ourselves.  

P.S. -- A thermometor on one of our watches said it was 117 degrees in that plane!!

No comments:

Post a Comment