Saturday, March 24, 2012

Donna & Kamal


It was so great to be able to spend a couple of days with Donna and her family while we were in Dhaka.  She took us around and helped us buy all the things that were on my list of “must haves” if I ever got back to Bangladesh again. 
We shopped, at meals, and talked so much during those two days.  I am really thankful for the time we had to “catch up” with one another.  I pray that someday she can visit me in my home and I can return the favor of playing hostess.

She is involved in some pretty great ministries and God has opened doors of opportunity for her.  I was so encouraged by how He is using her in her country to minister to not only her people but to many of other lands as she teaches them Bengali.  Please pray for her to be a bold witness to those God brings across her path as she serves in the capitol city – Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Bryn especially warmed up to Donna.  All the kids loved her right away but Bryn was really drawn to her.  Wherever Donna was, there was Bryn right beside her.  She kept asking if she could sleep over at Donna’s or stay with Donna while Grandma & Grandpa were in Malumghat and they fly home with them.  Donna would’ve loved that but I have a feeling that we wouldn’t have been gone very long when Bryn would’ve grown enormously homesick.  Besides that, then Bryn would’ve missed out on the blessings God had for us in China with our other friends!



 




My family has a appreciation for my love for Donna.  In this bottom picture you will see Donna & Kamal in the center with Collol on the far left.  Sylvia was not present for this shot....taken just before saying our final goodbyes and heading off to the airport.  It was a very tearful goodbye but we have hope that it won't be another 22 years before 
 seeing one anther again!

No comments:

Post a Comment